I have managed to read an interesting article from Bain (a management consulting company) that gives a good overview of IIOT trends. For me the fact that the predictive maintenance has failed to take off as broadly as expected is also a surprise.
The artice gives some good trending graphs about:
- Short and long-term predictions about implementation
- Concerns over integration issues
- A very useful chart showing which IoT applications are gaining the most traction from vendors and customers perspective
- the IIOT market 201.7 and 2021.
- IoT M&A deal value
- A very useful chart showing number of developers on LinkedIn mentioning each IIoT platform
The 4 strategies for gaining a competitive edge presented are: Concentrate your bets, Don’t try this alone, Tell the CFO that break-even may take a while, Scan broadly for new talent